Mediterranean forest management planning case studies and research problems
Semester Course: 3rd
Credits: 6 ECTS
Lecturers: José Guilherme Calvão Borges
Web Site: https://fenix-edu.isa.ulisboa.pt/courses/gfm-pice-283463546568876
- To be exposed and explore specific methods and tools that are of interest to the individual student.
- To develop a more in-depth understanding of modeling tools from operations research that can be applied to the student’s area of interest or expertise.
- To better understand how information from the student’s area of expertise can be utilized in decision-making analyses for forest management.
- To acquire competences for conducting and communicating research in this field.
- Programme topics:
- Mediterranean forest management planning research problems and strategies
- Research methods and problem analysis in Mediterranean forest resources management planning
- Interpretation of results. Research reporting.
- Writing a paper in this field.
Course requirements include the presentation of a class project (100%).