How to apply
Applications are Open to the International Master Programme MEDfOR
- to non European Students – 3rd October – 31st December 2019
- European Students – 3rd October – 31 December 2019; 1st April 2020 – 30thJune 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
The MEDfOR Programme is open to candidates from all over the world.
The MEDfOR Consortium has developed a common set of admission criteria as well as a joint application procedure. The MEDfOR Commission carries out the selection of students, where all partner universities are represented.
To apply to the Programme you must fulfill the following criteria:
- At least a bachelor degree on the field of economics or sciences
- High proficiency in English
In order to apply you have to:
- fill the application form (online)
- send the documents listed below by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two referees need to send their reference letters to the email: email@example.com
i) Filled application Form: found it here
ii) List of documents to send by email:
Documents should be NUMBERED from 1 to 6 and NAMED as below in pdf format.
The subject of the e-mail should be: “MEDfOR Application – Your name”.
- Copy of Passport (as proof of Nationality)
- Copy of certificate of the place of residence (e.g. residence certificate or certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training)
- Original or certified (translated) copy of university diploma or degree certificate. Certified translation into english.
- Original or certified (translated) copy of transcript of study results. Certified translation into english.
- Certified copy of language test results: TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge English Examinations (CAE) or other official certificate - which clearly grades the English level of the candidate *
- CV - Curriculum vitae - European format is preferable
- State of Motivation
- Declaration and signature
* Native speakers don’t need to present any English certificate
**If they wish non native speakers with a first degree from a university using English as a medium of instruction can include written confirmation from the university stating that the first degree has been conducted in English. However, to that statement we will attribute the English level B1 (CEFR standard).
iii) Recommendation Letters:
In addition to your application we should receive two different recommendation letters, being at least one from an academic referee. These letters should be sent by the referees themselves to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the name of the applicant written in the subject of the e-mail.
Notice: If you don’t follow this rules, your application will not be accepted. If the application form is not filled, if any of the documents is missing (1 to 8) or if the referees’ letters are not sent until the end of the application period, your application will not be accepted.
NO DOCUMENTS SENT BY POST WILL BE ACCEPTED.
All applications are assessed by at least two faculty members, appointed by or part of the MEDfOR Commission. Decision on acceptance or not into the MEDfOR programme is made by the MEDfOR Commission.
The following categories are assessed: i) academic potential including undergraduate point average (UPA) of the 180 ECTS degree or equivalent, ii) relevant work experience, iii) motivation, and iv) recommendations. To each category is allocated a grade between 1 (poor) and 5 (outstanding). A final grade is obtained using a weighting system whereby 65% of the final grade is due to the academic potential, 15% to relevant work experience, and 10% to the remaining categories.
An interview is done to the candidates classified with a grade of 4 or more points, in which a final decision is made regarding each candidate.
Candidates will be notified on the final decision concerning their ranking, until the end of April. The best 15-20 candidates may receive an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.