Genetic Resources Conservation and Molecular markers
Semester Course: 3rd
Credits: 6 ECTS
Lecturers: Dr. Rosario Sierra de Grado, Dr. Elena Hidalgo
Web Site: http://www.research4forestry.eu
The course focuses on the conservation and use of Genetic Resources in forest species, including:
- main problems and strategies for conservation and use
- molecular tools to measure diversity and support decisions.
- Programme topics:
- Evaluate the need of conservation and use of particular GR
- Decide on the strategy of conservation
- Decide on the molecular tools suitable to identify genotypes and measure diversity in forest species.
Course requirements include lab test (50%) and a final exam (50%).