HOW to APPLY
The MEdfor Master Course has been developed under the umbrella of the Erasmus Mundus Programme.
Applications are NOW open for the next edition 2017-2019 .
MEDfOR Master Course is open to non-EU and EU students.
Candidates can send their application from:
1st February to 15th April .
Ranking of the candidates will be communicated in the first week of May, and the number of scholarships available will be announced by the end of May.
Scholarships will be provided by different agencies, but we do not guarantee Erasmus Mundus scholarships
The MEDfOR Consortium has developed a common set of admission. The Commission, represented by all partner universities will carry out the selection of students.
• A good first university degree - you may apply if you are finishing your bachelor degree in this academic year - 2016/2017.
• High proficiency in English
• Strong personal statement of motivation
• Good recommendations from two references, of which at least one is academic
• Proof of your BSc degree – certified copy should be send by post mail
• Proof of Language test - alternatively you may be tested in a Skype interview
• Filled Student application Form
• Two recommendation letters from references, of which at least one is academic.
You should send all this documents to:
MEDfOR Erasmus Mundus Secretariat
Instituto Superior de Agronomia Universidade de Lisboa
Edifício Mário de Azevedo Gomes (Florestais)
Tapada da Ajuda 1349-017, Lisboa - Portugal
with the subject: application MEDfOR 2017
Letters from the references may be send by postal mail as originals, or the references may send them directly to the e-mail above.
All applications are assessed by at least two faculty members, appointed by or part of the MEDfOR Commission. Decisions on acceptance or not into the MEDfOR programme is made by the MEDfOR Commission. Each candidate will be evaluated on 4 categories: (i) academic potential, (i) relevant work experience, (iii) motivation, and (iv) recommendations. Candidates are graded between 1 and 5. A final application grade is obtained using a casino bonus weighting system whereby 65% of the final grade is allocated to academic potential, 15% to relevant work experience, and 10% to each other category.
Interviews will be conducted to the best ranked candidates.
The maximum number of students admitted to the MEDfOR programme is 45.
Scholarships will be offered by different funding agencies according to specific eligibility requirements.
For further details look at: